RAGGING IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE
(As per the Supreme Court of India Verdict)
Ragging is banned on the campus of this college. Any student, found indulging in ragging, shall be punished, the severity of which shall be determined by the College Anti-Ragging Committee, depending upon the gravity of the incident of ragging.
WHAT COMPRISES RAGGING:-
Any of the following acts by a student, within or outside the campus, in all means of transportation of students whether public or private, shall be declared an incident of ragging:-
1. Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
2. Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
3. Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
4. Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
5. Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
6. Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
7. Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
8. Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
9. Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
PUNISHMENT FOR RAGGING:-
The College Administration, on the recommendations of Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established, award to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments:-
1. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
2. Withholding / withdrawing scholarship and other benefits.
3. Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation Processes withholding results.
4 Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or International events.
5 Cancellation of admission.
6 Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
7 Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
8 College Leaving Certificate / Migration Certificate will contain remarks associated with the offence related to ragging.
Besides, being a criminal offence as declared by the Supreme Court of India, the act of ragging shall also invite punishment including the jail sentence, as provided under the provisions of Indian Penal Code
In the case of any ragging incident, the students may bring it to the notice of the College Administration or Anti Ragging Committee for necessary help, guidance and actions as warranted and can call on the following:-
TOLL FREE NO: 1800-180-5522